Saturday, 4 May 2013

Confidence.




I grew up with no confidence. I was a zit. I had all the nerdy gear any thirteen year old dreads. Braces, big glasses, and a middle part. Yes. A middle part. What’s worse then that? Maybe the straight across bangs that everyone but you could pull off? I had no straightener, no makeup, nothing. This was back in the early 2000’s of course, where thirteen year olds did not look twenty five. Back where the style icons of the time were Brittney Spears, and the Spice Girls. High wasted snake skin pants? Bellbottoms? Awesome! 

Now, not so much. 

BE COMFORTABLE

As cheesy as it is going to sound, everyone is beautiful. No matter if you’re a size 0 or a size 16, you are gorgeous. And all it takes is for one person to change your views on yourself – and I’m not talking about a man, ladies. Hold your head up high, and as Oscar de la Renta says, “Always walk as if there’s three men behind you.” Swing those arms and sway those lovely hips! And always remember that every single person has went through what you are going through. You have a mean red pimple in the middle of your forehead, the day of your big presentation? Almost everyone has been there. Bad haircut? Everyone has had a terrible cut in their day! 

BE KIND

The nicer you are to people, the better you’re going to feel about yourself. You’ve probably heard that, “People put other people down to feel better about themselves.” So give that person in front of you a compliment! You never know how far one compliment can go. Like I said, all it takes is one person to change your views. Try to compliment three people a day, on anything. Trust me, when I say it will make you feel absolutely wonderful!

BE YOU

Don’t ever change for anybody. Do whatever the hell you want to do, and screw everybody else’s’ opinions! If I could tell my 13-year-old self one thing, it would be to never hold back on what I wanted to do. There were so many times that I said no to doing something because I thought people would judge me, or look down on me for it. Now I wish I had done everything my little heart desired. Oh… the things I would have done and the things I would have said.



SINCERELY, JANELLE ♥


0 comments:

Post a Comment